Curriculum and Instruction
Bradford Central School District is committed to providing meaningful quality instruction to all students. Our focus is to deliver a comprehensive, consistent, high quality Pre-K – 12 curriculum anchored to the New York State Learning Standards in order to increase student engagement in learning and to promote high achievement. Our students will be able to learn in environments that are safe and supportive. Students are encouraged to develop leadership, pride and problem solving skills alongside specific content driven instruction. Our goal is for all students to reach their potential and develop a growth mindset so that students are college and career ready when they graduate from BCS. The Bradford Central School District implements the New York Common Core Standards. The Curriculum Office is committed to providing teachers and parents the resources needed to prepare our students to meet the challenges of 21st century. We strive for high standards for all students using research based instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students.
On this page, you will find information and helpful links about curriculum, instruction and learning standards. Important dates about testing information can also be found here. If you need to be in touch with the curriculum office, contact information is listed to the left.
Parent Resources Released for Science and Physical Education
- The Office of Curriculum and Instruction is releasing two resources to help educators and parents support children in the subjects of Science and Physical Education.
- The flyers, A Parent's Guide to the New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards and A Parent’s Guide to the Physical Education Standards, address these questions about the new learning standards and connect parents with additional Science and Physical Education resources to support learning at home.
- These flyers can be referenced on the following webpages:
- Science: Parent Resources for Science
- Physical Education: New York Physical Education Learning Standards (2020): Parent Resources
- Questions related to these resources can be directed to the NYS Education Department's Office of Curriculum and Instruction via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone to (518) 474-5922.