when and how to apply
Here are the steps to take when getting ready to apply to college(s):
- Take the PSAT’s in October (in 10th and/or 11th grade). These are at no cost to Bradford students, and are offered right here at BCS.
- Take the SAT’s and/or ACT’s in the spring (in 11th and/or 12th grade)
- Meet with college representatives who visit BCS
- Websites to search colleges:
- How to select a college
- Review admissions criteria
- Search potential majors
- Take into consideration size, location, community, etc.
- Look into any extracurricular activities that may interest you
- Visit the campus and take a tour- this can mean all the difference when trying to narrow down your choices and select a college!
- When to apply:
We like to have all college applications in by Thanksgiving! However, there are different deadlines for each type of admission, so please keep an eye on those as well:
- Open admission
- Early decision
- Early action
- Rolling admission
- Regular admission
- Most schools utilize the Common Application (www.commonapp.org)
- SUNY application (https://www.suny.edu/attend/apply-to-suny/)
- High school transcript (which includes GPA and class rank)
- Counselor and teacher recommendations
- SAT/ACT scores (if required at the college you are applying to)
- An essay or personal statement
- Any extracurricular involvement
7. How to apply:
8. What will the college(s) look at?