PARENT RESOURCESResources to help your children's education
Use of pesticides
Bradford Central School is required to maintain a list of persons who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following applications are NOT subject to prior notification requirements:
- When the school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hour period following an application
- Anti-microbial products
- Non-volatile rodenticides in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
- Silica gel and other non-volatile ready-to-use gels, pastes or foams in areas inaccessible to children
- Boric acid and disodium octoborate tetrahydrate
- The application of EPA-designated biopesticides
- The application of EPA-designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25
- The use of aerosol products with a direct spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps and hornets
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour list. If you wish to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications, please provide the following information in writing to the district: name, address, daytime phone, evening phone, email address
The annual fire inspection of the Bradford Central School building and bus garage has been complete and no inconsistencies were cited. For further information, or to view a copy of the fire inspection report, please contact Faron Rogers at 583-4616.
The Bradford Central School District has completed the inspection of the school and bus garage to determine if asbestos is present and whether any action is required to avoid potential health hazards for students, employees and visitors.
A management plan has been developed in accordance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) to ensure the continued provision and maintenance of a safe environment for our students, employees and visitors. The management plan includes training of maintenance staff to prevent disturbance of asbestos, periodic inspection surveillance and abatement activities by trained personnel.
A copy of the school’s management plan is available. If you would like further information regarding this matter, contact Faron Rogers at 583-4616.
No Child Left Behind Act
We are required to release the names, addresses and telephone listings of juniors and seniors to the military branches as authorized by the No Child Left Behind Act.
As a parent, you may choose not to have your child’s name released. You must notify the school in writing by the start of the first day of school in September to have your child’s name removed from the list.
Please direct your request to Guidance Counselor Sarah Baker.
Parents' Bill of Rights Related to Student Data
The Bradford Central School District, in compliance with Education Law 2-d, provides the following:
- A student’s personally identifiable information will not be sold or released for any commercial purpose;
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record. Procedures for reviewing students’ records can be found in the Board Policies 7240, 7241 entitled Student Records: Access and Challenge; Release of Information To The Noncustodial Parent;
- Security protocols regarding confidentiality of personally identifiable information are currently in place and the safeguards necessary to protect the confidentiality of student data are maintained at industry standards and best practices. The safeguards include but are not limited to encryption, firewalls and password protection;
- New York State maintains a complete list of all student data collected by the state and the data and is available to the public for review by writing to Chief Information Officer, State Education Department – Room 675 EBA, Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234;
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to the Bradford Central School District Office, 2820 State Route 226, Bradford, New York 14815.
For more information, please visit https://privacy.bradfordcsd.org